Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Sunday, July 26, 2009
There were refreshments served varying from buns to beautiful pink cupcakes (maybe pink was chosen as it is benefit’s color)..Anyway what was good was each table (2 people per table) has an array of products that will be used during the workshop. So everyone had Benefit make-up products in front of them making it easy for them to try when the presenter explained. Basically this workshop was all about applying the right make-up, the right way to achieve the right flawless skin. The presenter to be honest was really good in explaining as she exactly told which product suits the oily skin, dry skin and the combination skin. She also helped to direct us on which shade would suit our skin tone. She started from the very first step of prepping our skin to the very last step of applying the lipstick. As I have this tan kind of skin and also kinda oily skin, below were my choices:-
- 1st Step – Cleaned our skin from dust and previous makeup using ‘Gee That was Quick’. This did a good job in clearing my skin and it suits all type of skin.
- 2nd Step – Prep our skin using ‘Women Seeking Toner’. This is 3 in 1 toning lotion helps to control oiliness and shine.
- 3rd Step – Applied ‘eyecon’. This helps to fade dark circles if used in a long term.
- 4th Step – Applied ‘Rebel’. This is said to help to moisture the skin and it also works as a tinted foundation. Comes in 2 shades. I used the darker shade and was also told that we can use it alone without any makeup as well.
- 5th Step – Applied the base. ‘Dr. Feel Good’ can be applied for oily skin and ‘Tat Gal’ can be applied for dry skin. I applied ‘Dr. Feel Good’ as I have this oily skin. I liked the way it made my skin feel. So soft that it helped to cover the pores.
- 6th Step – Applied ‘erase paste’ for under eye area. This works as to cover the dark circles under your eyes. There was 3 shades and I used shade no. 3 – deep. You can also apply this on the face as concealer to cover any areas with blemishes or discoloration.
- 7th Step – Applied ‘Posie Tint’ for my cheek area. This gave me a very natural glow and you can also apply it on your lips and it’s said that its kiss proof!
- 8th Step – Brighting Powder’s turn now!. For my kind of skin which is quite tan, I applied ‘Dandelion’. It gave this very natural look and my face looked so fresh. Heard its one of the best sellers too.
- 9th Step – Was to apply the eye shadow. As my eye lid has some discoloration, I was given ‘Lemon Aid’ to be applied. After applying that I then applied the creaseless eye shadow cream of ‘Lana, samba-dy loves me’.
- 10th Step – It’s now time to apply the mascara. As I’m a lover of natural look, I choose the 'BAD gal waterproof mascara in Black'.
- Last Step – Finally it’s time to apply the lipstick. I chose the ‘Passionista’ Betty as it had this glitters’ plus natural color which is the closest color to my lips.
Towards the end, there was 5 lucky draws given out and not to forget the goodie bags. Can say that the goodies were worth it actually as it had RM 20 coupon to be used in the Benefit counter, Dr.Feel Good (mini size), Benetint (mini size) and Silky Finish Lipstick in raisin’cane (full size).
And the RM100 voucher is fully redeemable + the RM 10 coupon ( I did not use the other RM 10), with this I got myself ‘Dallas’.
To those who missed it, well hope you can join us for the next one thou am not sure when they have another one.
Friday, July 24, 2009
These gumballs come in cute containers and the one I got is the smaller containers as I just wanted to try it. It’s round of course since it is gumballs ;) and its pure white in color. It gives you this tingly taste as it has peppermint included.
To be honest, I love chewing gums especially when im working or perhaps this habit started since I started working in the consultancy line. Anyway I personally like this gumballs as it’s not HARD like the other gumballs I used to get before. This gumball is soft and earlier to be chewed. Secondly I love it’s peppermint flavor as it wakes me up. The price might be a lil’ expensive for gumballs but no hard trying it once..
Container with 20 Gumballs for RM 13.50
Monday, July 20, 2009
Hey guys.. Sorry been so bz that im unable to update the blog from time to time. Anyway watch out for the coming reviews of the products below:-
1) Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil - Posted
2) Bobbi Brown Oil Free Even Finish Compact Foundation
3) Hugo Boss - Eau de Toilette for Women
4) Biotherm - White D-Tox (Cellular) Corrective Make-up Base
5) Sensory Therapy - Peace of Mind Gumballs - Posted
Till then if you have any questions regarding the above products, jz drop me a comment.. Thanks..
Sunday, July 19, 2009
Well I have this habit of checking cosmetic websites and I try to find the Malaysian website of it so that I can check if there are any promotions or anything. So as I was checking again and again the Bobbi Brown website, I was surprised that Bobbi Brown has enhanced their website. And the good part of it, they introduced their new Cleansing Oil. And the best part of it was that they gave samples of it for the first 200 people who show the Mobile coupon in their Bobbi Brown counters. And oo yeah they also have Treasure Hunt where you have to burst the bubbles and they have two complimentary gifts in those bubbles. First is their RM180 worth of makeover and another one is the RM50 worth of eyebrow shaping. I tried my luck in it too and I got the RM 180 worth of makeover.
I collected my sample of Bobbi Brown Cleansing Oil from Mid Valley stand alone Bobbi Brown counter today and I also redeemed my makeover voucher there. I was asked if I wanted a fresh makeover or a heavy makeover for some special occasion. I just requested for a simple makeover that suits me for work, in brief just a very natural makeup. Well the SA started prepping my skin first as they believe that if the skin base is good then everything goes fine. The SA started applying oil free foundation powder on Honey color. And also a bronzy color blush to suit my skin tone and lastly he lined my eyelids with dark black eyeliner and he also used the bronzy color eye shadow. Sorry guys for forgetting the eye shadow and the blusher color specifically (bad memory I have). But I liked the end results. Pure, simple and natural look. I like the foundation powder which hides all my redness on my skin. And this made me actually purchase the oil free foundation powder.. Will try and update you guys with the review..